Sunday, December 18, 2005

Langwatch: a lovers' quarrel

Today I wanted to get some work done and things were getting noisy around the house, so I went up to the Panera in Altamonte Springs. Right after I sat down and got ready to do some writing, I realized there was a brutal breakup argument going on in a booth about ten feet away. The guy must have been talking really low, but the girl was screeching aloud for all to hear.

"You never let me breathe," she said. "I'm GLUED TO YOUR ASS 24/7!"

I've never heard this phrase before, at least not in a relationship context. It's a lot cooler than the roughly equivalent "joined at the hip." For some reason, it would have made more sense to me if she'd said that he was glued to her ass. But it's funnier the other way around.

I couldn't hear what the guy was saying, but from what she said, it sounded like he was trying to hold things together despite all realities. If it's any consolation, sir, her face wasn't worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home