Friday, April 08, 2005

A recollection

I recalled today to some of my friends at The Daily that when I was a kid, I once saw a "missing poster," probably at a gas station my family stopped at during a road trip. The photo on the picture was of a rather homely girl, but the words on the poster described her as "very beautiful."

Well, wouldn't that throw the search off? As I told my friends: If I went missing, I wouldn't want people to put up a poster reading "Tall, handsome Aryan with a great ass." No. I'd want a poster saying, "nasty, vile little fellow."

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well who wants to pour salt in the wound of the missing child's parents by calling their kid "mind-meltingly hideous"? If nothing else, we're a society of tip-toeing and ego-petting. Although, I'd love to meet the cop which took the parents by the shoulders, and in his best consolation voice whispered, "Maybe she was just too ugly for this world. Did you ever consider that?"

4:16 AM  
Blogger Andrew said...

Your poster should just say you look like the guy with the hat. Er, the white guy in the hat. With the hair. Yeah, that guy.

1:19 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

"Anonymous"--

Thanks for posting. And who might you be? I like my commenters to identify themselves.

Thanks.

—Scott

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry Scootums, forgot to leave my clever moniker. It's just little 'ol me, Lake Mary's answer to the rhetorical question why it sucks so much.

-Julie "Danger" Benson

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home