Saturday, March 19, 2005

Solidarity post!

I'm posting this in support of a friend of a friend.

The author of this column in the Florida State FSView works with my buddy and partner in Heinous Blasphemy, Matt Gilmour.

Speaking of blasphemy, the column is gleefully stuffed with it. I find it amusing. The football-crazed jarheads at FSU and elsewhere were appalled, and so they tested the limits of their eloquence in their comments (at the bottom of the page).

Favorites of mine:

I have a degree in English Lit from FSU and feel this article doesn't warrant any attention except the knowledge that is a terrible piece! English major. FSU. Not quite as disgraceful as English major at Northwestern...

I must say that your article is in really poor taste. First off, you have never heard Bobby Bowden compare himself to G-d or Jesus for that matter. Please just spell the fucking word already. We won't have you stoned. But I might get to watch a magnificent bolt of lightning decimate your head.

Are we supposed to enjoy the "erections" 'humor.' You bet your ass.

Football may be a religion to some people, it is NOT mine. I respect Coach Bowden, BUT I WORSHIP AND LOVE OUR ONLY SAVIOR, JESUS CHRIST! No one's impugning your religion, yet you're already on the shrieking defensive.

So anyways, I stand with this writer and all others who have to endure such cretinous reactions to satire.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home