Sunday, March 20, 2005

Headin' to Pinellas Park: a Prelude

This week, I plan to join some friends of mine in Tampa and proceed to Terri Schiavo's hospice to mingle with the protesters. I must embroil myself in the human circus! I plan to do some posts on this adventure.—Scott

EPFTSW: I live only a couple hours away, I'd have no excuse not to go do this
Steely Wes: Oh, you betcha. They're trying to break into the hospice and give the woman water and bread. (Bread and water. For someone who needs a feeding tube. Yeah, right, guys.)
EPFTSW: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
EPFTSW: I know!
EPFTSW: it's great!
Steely Wes: These people are such morons, it's astonishing!
EPFTSW: it really is a fucking circus
EPFTSW: well, that's fundamentalism for you
Steely Wes: It's like, when God gave out brains, he clearly just gave Florida fewer.
EPFTSW: clearly
EPFTSW: take it from a native, man

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think Florida was necessarily short-changed, but there was a definite random sprinkling across the country. This left Florida a big, throbbing, phallic-shaped magnet for those who were lacking some of what we in the business of being pretentious call "smartums". They flock down here, breed and then create a big stupid penis of a state with nothing to fuck but its inhabitants. All I gotta say, folks, as a female citizen, is "Ow."

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a nice example of how you guys don't understand the people who disagree with you. if you truly think that the only people against killing terri schiavo are wacky fundamentalists, then you simply have the facts wrong

6:47 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

To the 2nd "Anonymous":

Who the hell are you? If you're gonna post here, ID yourself either in your post or to me via email.

Second, we are not talking about those who hold a certain opinion, but rather those whose opinion inspires them to act like asses and indulge in trite moralizing. This is not about ideology. It is about the human circus and the ridiculousness of our times.

Third, I take the time to make sure my posts adhere to a basic standard of good grammar and punctuation. Comments should do the same, or I'll delete them. Capitalization and periods—learn to use em.

Otherwise, don't ever fuck around on my blog. Don't ever throw me pissy and colorless comments. Even I have standards.

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home